Yes, we’re all military spouses, but some things are kind of particular to submarine spouses. Give me an “AMEN!” if you feel me …
- Sometimes hearing “You’ve got mail!” is better than hearing “It’s a girl!” or “You’ve just won …”
- Then you get your hopes dashed when it isn’t sailor mail but rather a JC Penney sale flyer and two ads to drugs that will NOT enhance your particular anatomy (and you keep click refreshing no matter how many times this happens …)
- Saying the word “duty” DOESN’T even make you giggle anymore …
- When someone speaks of homecoming in public, even in loose terms, your heart beats like a hammer, you begin to sweat profusely, and you might even blurt out “OPSEC!!!!”
- You know phone trees aren’t just for the PTA anymore.
- You can squeeze two magazines, a box of Cheezits, a clear container of homemade cookies, two pounds of candy, one pound of beef jerky, 26 letters, and 200 4×6 photos into a one gallon maildrop bag and STILL close it without using tape.
- You get a little jealous when you see signage, news coverage, and weeks of hoopla every time a carrier returns to port.
- You want to scream when another military spouse talks about Skyping with his/her service member.
- You’ve spent $20, $40, $60, or maybe 100 bucks to win a First Kiss.
- The very sight of a submarine, THAT submarine, can be simultaneously majestic, humbling, heartbreaking, and joyous … oh, and DAMN SEXY!!!
God, I love my sailor!
Like this post? Share it!
Want to read more? Follow me!