Airing My Dirty Laundry is one of my most favorite blogs, and the fact that she is a military spouse, too, is just the icing on the cake! I always enjoy her weekly series, “Hey, It’s Okay Tuesday!” and have enjoyed linking up every now and then. My “It’s Okay’s” tend to be Navy-wife-life related, but they are also sometimes just the random-ness of my overflowing brain, too. If you’d like to read more of them, just search “It’s Okay” in the form to the right.
So on a duty day, I say it’s okay …
- To hold on to that good-bye hug and kiss for an extra few seconds … or minutes … or until he says, “Uh … I’m gonna be late, babe …”
- To be grumpy … (for a little bit) … he should be home … it is about damn time … but don’t let it ruin your day. There are perks like it’s okay …
- To rock my yoga pants and a ponytail all day long … (okay, to be fair that has nothing to do with Josh being on duty …lol)
- To eat macaroni and cheese for dinner. I’ve been cooking big meals for DAYS now … a duty day is a good excuse for a little kitchen break.
- To take this once-every-few-days in port opportunity to watch all your favorite shows on TV!
- To first snuggle then sucker punch his pillow. Smells like him? Good! NOT the real him … POW!
Anywho, that’s how I see duty days. Anything to add?