Airing My Dirty Laundry is one of my most favorite blogs, and the fact that she is a military spouse, too, is just the icing on the cake! I always enjoy her weekly series, “Hey, It’s Okay Tuesday!” and have enjoyed linking up for a while now. My “It’s Okay’s” tend to be Navy-wife-life related, but they are also sometimes just the random-ness of my overflowing brain, too. If you’d like to read more of them, just search “It’s Okay” in the form to the right.
- It’s not okay that I am writing this post at 6am. I don’t like 6 am.
- It’s not okay that at 6am I have been awake for almost 45 minutes and am drinking my second cup of coffee. I don’t like 6am.
- It’s not okay that I am sitting here knowing that I need to pack my kids’ lunches but have absolutely no desire to pack my kids’ lunches so instead I am writing an “It’s Okay” post that is really a “It’s Not Okay” post.
- It’s not okay that I have to stand up in front of people and talk for an hour today because my first thought this morning was “ow. my throat hurts.” Yes, before I thought “coooofffeeeee,” and yes, with exactly that much enthusiasm.
- It’s not okay that no less than FIVE Facebook status updates or comments annoyed be this morning. Normally I don’t give a flip what people write; when I get annoyed by it at 6 am, I just know it’s going to be a lovely day.
- It’s not okay that this is only the 5th day of school which means I will see 6 am roughly 175 more times before summer vacation. (That’s a guess. I can’t do math at 6 am.)
- It’s not okay that I just re-read this post and was annoyed by my very chirpy first paragraph and almost deleted it for its chirpiness. But then I’d have to come up with something new. Have I mentioned how early it is?
Yeah, I’m thinking it’s just going to be an “It’s not okay” kind of day … and I guess that’s okay.
It’s also okay to hop over to Airing My Dirty Laundry and check out what she’s okay with!