Airing My Dirty Laundry is one of my most favorite blogs, and the fact that she is a military spouse, too, is just the icing on the cake! I always enjoy her weekly series, “Hey, It’s Okay Tuesday!” and have wanted to link up for a while now. My “It’s Okay’s” tend to be Navy-wife-life related. If you’d like to read more of them, just search “It’s Okay” in the form to the right.
We’ve had family in town for almost a week now, and every day, every single moment, has been like magic. Living so far from our family makes us enjoy and appreciate seeing them so much more than we have in the past. SO here’s my list of “it’s okay’s” when family visits …
- It’s okay that I started planning this visit more than two months ago.
- It’s okay to have run myself ragged this week sharing all our favorite things in Washington with my in-laws.
- It’s okay that I obsessively researched maps and fun activities to maximize our time together.
- It’s okay that I’ve taken so many pictures during some of our activities so I can capture the moments.
- It’s okay that some stuff was so much fun that I completely forgot to snap a single photo!
- It’s okay that we took one day for just the adults so we could enjoy time with them without three-year-old potty breaks and teen/tween spats.
- It’s okay that I already see the letdown coming … the day they leave and we are left here.
- It’s okay that I am already dreading the tears of that day, and it’s okay that I know some of them will be mine.
- It’s okay that I am already planning Skype calls with them because I miss them already.
- It’s okay to hope that more family will visit us VERY SOON.
One more thing … it’s MORE than okay to click over and enjoy Airing My Dirty Laundry. 🙂