So there’s the obvious “I love him,” but there are lots of other reasons, too, that come to me during the day as tiny little reminders that he’s not here. Here are a few:
- He helps me put on bracelets. I don’t wear them often so when I do it takes forever to get that clasp buckled without him.
- He takes out the trash. I don’t know why, but I hate this task. I hate doing it. I hate reminding the girls to do it, and I really hate that 6 AM pajama-clad bra-less run to the curb when we all forget.
- He folds socks. Without complaining.
- He says silly things that make me laugh. Like every time we drive to his mom’s house and pass a certain sign, he says, “Pomona!” in this crazy Long Island accent.
- I miss going to the movies. We do this a lot when he’s home so when he’s gone it’s just … different. I haven’t seen a new movies in ages now.
- He’s the children’s book reader. He will tirelessly read the same 10-page fairytale to Alli seventeen times (while I have a strict 2-time limit).
- He does laundry on Sundays. All of it. Enough said.
I miss my sailor because he is my friend and my husband and my baby daddy (lol), and I am really ready for him to come home. But … sometimes I think I’m lucky that he goes away because while he’s gone I get to notice all the little things.
Follow me on the web!