Airing My Dirty Laundry is one of my most favorite blogs, and the fact that she is a military spouse, too, is just the icing on the cake! I always enjoy her weekly series, “Hey, It’s Okay Tuesday!” and have wanted to link up for a while now. My “It’s Okay’s” tend to be deployment-related. If you’d like to read more of them, just search “It’s Okay” in the form to the right.
- It’s okay to learn to fix a few things on your own. During this sea tour I’ve learned to unclog a garbage disposal, replace a serpentine belt, replace windshield wipers, fix wall trim … The list goes on and on. Things break while our sailors deploy. It’s a good thing to be able to fix some things yourself.
- It’s okay to revel in watching all your own shows. At least in my house, my sailor keeps a white-knuckle grip on the remote when he’s home, and I can assure his choices DON’T lean toward the Real Housewives like mine do …
- It’s okay to love that you can cook all your own favorite meals … or not cook so very often while your sailor is gone. As soon as Josh leaves, I always make Sloppy Joes! We love ’em; he hates ’em. He leaves; we eat ’em!
- Its okay to enjoy Girls Night Out while the guys are gone. I have a friend who has all daughters like me, and we like to have a huge sleepover, moms and daughters, while the boys are gone. We may or may not enjoy a few drinks after the kids go to bed … just sayin’.
- It’s okay to enjoy having that big ole bed all to yourself. (I eat crackers in my bed when he’s gone ’cause when he’s home he HATES that. lol)
I guess what I’m saying is that while some might imagine that I miss my sailor every second of every minute of every day that he’s gone, well … you would be right! But missing him doesn’t mean I have to sit at home for months at a time pining away. My motto is “I Will Survive?!? No thanks! I will THRIVE!”
One more thing … it’s MORE than okay to click over and enjoy Airing My Dirty Laundry. 🙂