Airing My Dirty Laundry is one of my most favorite blogs, and the fact that she is a military spouse, too, is just the icing on the cake! I always enjoy her weekly series, “Hey, It’s Okay Tuesday!” and have wanted to link up for a while now but couldn’t figure out a “Back on Land” kind of spin on things. This is my second attempt; you check out my first attempt here!
- It’s okay to hug him first … before the kids … before you say hello … before you even realize you’re walking toward him in the first place.
- It’s okay to roll your nose at the boat-smelly laundry he dumps in front of the washing machine … or
to make himto ask him nicely to take it back out to the garage or anywhere it won’t stink up the WHOLE house.
- It’s okay to think that the stinky boat smell, or the boots he drops wherever, or the uniform and dirty socks strewn out across the bedroom … are just the best things ever!
- It’s also okay when the boat smell, the boots in the floor, and smelly socks beside the basket get old, to ask him to step up his game a little.
- It’s okay to be nervous about “things.” 😉 Or not. It can go either way. 🙂
- It’s okay to be sad or a little ticked off when you have to share the remote or whatever other items you’ve had control of while he was gone. It helps me to think he gave up those things for us. Awww …. (It’s also okay to download an app that allows you to control the TV from your tablet … just sayin’.)
- It’s okay to do a happy dance when someone else gets to take out the trash and recycling each week!
- It’s okay to want to choke the kids when THEY want to sit right next to Daddy, or help him with his boots, or monopolize the entire evening with their stories!!! It’s okay to want that, but go ahead and let them have their Daddy time. While they are all wrapped up in Daddy, just set all the clocks back an hour so “bedtime” comes a little earlier! 🙂
- Finally, it’s okay to ignore all for your friends and fellow Navy spouses … but only for a little bit!!! Have a little alone time with your sailor, but don’t forget those amazing ladies who helped you through it all! Make sure to keep up with your support group while the guys are home! (P.S. Free babysitting, right?)
One more thing … it’s MORE than okay to click over and enjoy Airing My Dirty Laundry. 🙂