I’m finding it difficult to find things to write about right now since most day’s most significant achievements are sleeping through the night, showering without falling down, and a not blowing my brains out from the tedium of children’s television. So instead of a full-on post, here are a few bits of random-ness from my week …
- On slow TV nights, I miss Honey Boo-Boo. (Admitting that was hard; don’t judge.)
- It is completely possible to vacuum my entire family room while seated in a roll-y office chair. It is also hysterical if you ask Alli. She laughs at me every.single.time.
- A blank schedule is depressing; an X’d out, cancelled schedule is much worse.
- One benefit of being sidelined is that I’ve finished about a dozen novels in the past month. (Okay so most of them were trashy romance novels, but I also re-read Little Women. That counts, right?)
- I can crutch or roll in my chair around the kitchen for half an hour, finish dishes, make lunch, wipe down counters, and sweep every crumb, but five minutes after I get settled and propped up back on the couch is when Alli will want a cup of milk.
- Online shopping is great when you get out a lot. It’s dangerous when you’re stuck at home for days at a time …
- I often make lists on my blogs but always in nice five and 10 increments. I never stop at bizarre numbers like seven. I am going to schedule this to post for Friday at 1pm to test my OCD … (Did I mention how bored I am these days?)
There it is! Excitement a la Jodi! (P.S. #7 is bugging me already …)
8. I woke up thinking about this list last night at 2:38 am. Through a slight Ambien-induced haze. I almost got up then to “fix” this.
9. I find some shows on Disney Jr. (especially early morning ones) downright creepy.
10. If you didn’t see these last three coming … “Hi, my name is Jodi! Welcome to Back on Land!”